Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard on the New Machine

I'll may buy a new MacMini (2014) and I'm asking myself if I could install SnowLeopard on it and if there gonna be any issu (professional software compatible with snowleopard only).

Does anybody tried it or Know the answer.

Thanks by advance for all your answer.

Kind regards.

Mac mini, Downgrade your OS

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 7:30 AM

You cannot install Snow Leopard on that system. The best you can do is run Snow Leopard "Server" in a virtual machine (VMware Fusion, Parallels, VirtualBox).

If you have PowerPC based apps, they will not run on anything past Snow Leopard.

There may also be old apps that are not compatible with the more recent OS versions. If you Google for "Mac OS X Software Compatibility Yosemite" you will most likely find a list of what does and does not work.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2015 7:30 AM in response to guitoon76

You cannot install Snow Leopard on that system. The best you can do is run Snow Leopard "Server" in a virtual machine (VMware Fusion, Parallels, VirtualBox).

If you have PowerPC based apps, they will not run on anything past Snow Leopard.

There may also be old apps that are not compatible with the more recent OS versions. If you Google for "Mac OS X Software Compatibility Yosemite" you will most likely find a list of what does and does not work.

Feb 13, 2015 7:52 AM in response to guitoon76

Install OSX Restrictions

Parallels

VirtualBox

VM Fusion

Snow Leopard server for use with the above. Call 1-800-692-7753 and order part number MC588Z/A. Cost is $19.99 + sales tax and shipping. You may be told it is no longer available, depending on who you talk to. Ask to talk to someone else or call back.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

Snow Leopard on the New Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.