Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need serious help-missing garageband files in iTunes!

Hi-first time here. If there is already post about this I apologize and I'll gladly take this down if the answer is elsewhere. I searched!

Short Version: Where on my iMac are the .band files that I uploaded to iTunes????? They are all gone after I did a switch and restore with 2 iPads.

More Detail:

Last night I shared all my songs in garageband on my iPad to iTunes on my iMac. I did this because I have 2 iPads, one is 16gb and the other is 32gb. i wanted to switch them so i can mainly use the 32gb. I thought I would backup the iPad and put the songs in iTunes and then restore the 32gb with the backup from the 16gb. I ran into an issue with iTunes asking for a restore password that I have no clue what that would even be. I found a way around it and got old apps back on the iPad. garageband is now empty on the iPad. That's fine but when I got iTunes>ipad>apps>garageband the file folder is empty!

Where are they? just gone? at the very least I'd like to use them on iMac garageband.. Couldn't find them via iMac garageband.

thanks!!!!

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 10:18 AM

2 replies

Feb 19, 2015 5:51 PM in response to moonfunshop

I wanted to delete this whole post but I can't so I figured I may as well share my results. I figured out my "restore backup" password. Tried a bunch of my most common passwords and found the one. then i restored the ipad and it has everything back in place.

I do think it is weird that itunes requires a totally different password to restore a backup to a device. I would think my itunes password would suffice. I'm not sure how or when this other password was determined but it would be nice if itunes told you to guard it with your life considering you will only use it much later and if you don't have it you are out of luck. Pretty lame.

Need serious help-missing garageband files in iTunes!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.