Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wake from sleep

I have had this issue since at least Mavericks and it is still lingering. My MacBook Pro with Retina Display has issues waking from sleep. This isn't always the case, but quite frequently though however. I boot my Mac up in the morning and just sleep it throughout the day as I use it. When I go to open it and wake it from sleep the screen will stay blank and black for a few seconds before waking up, even when trying to hit random keys on the keyboard, or clicking the trackpad, and then it will finally wake up.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 9:51 AM

Greetings coolcomputing,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with sleep issues. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

OS X: When your Mac doesn't sleep or wake - Apple Support

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2015 9:51 AM in response to coolcomputing

Greetings coolcomputing,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with sleep issues. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

OS X: When your Mac doesn't sleep or wake - Apple Support

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

Wake from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.