Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to make a logo animate onto the screen - is there a technique for that?

I'm editing a TV spot for a client and want to animate their logo, by making it "draw" itself onto the screen. Any recommendations for how to do that?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 9:55 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2015 12:59 AM in response to pappasp

depends on how the logo looks like and what kind of 'appearance' you want ...

drop-dead-simple:

use any paint.app which supports psd-layers (recommending Pixelmator …), 'split' the diff. elements into separate layers (needs perhaps some retouch) and fade in/move in each layer. (made that for some other request awhile ago : http://youtu.be/uEDjHtADYj8 )

not-that-complicated:

in Motion, matte tool, paint some lines, which cover the logo, use the write-on behavior... (thousands of tuts at YT ... )

all-bells-and-whistles:

use tools as Blender, Cinema4D or mObjects (=the 3D-plugin for Motion) to re-enact the logo in 3D, flying, tumbling, lens flares, chrome shine, fire balls, Hollywood! 😉

I'm trying to make a logo animate onto the screen - is there a technique for that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.