Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reprint a book created in older version of iPhoto

In 2011, I created an iPhoto book and printed copies. I would like to order some additional copies now; I don't need to make any edits, just print more copies.

The book won't open now in iPhoto, and I suspect it's because it was created in a previous version of iPhoto. Is there any way to print more copies?

2011 set-up: iPhoto version 9.1.1

2015 set-up: iPhoto version 9.4.3 with OSX 10.8.5

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 12:19 PM

12 replies

Feb 14, 2015 10:53 PM in response to Karen in VA

What ever

Rebuilding is safe although in some rare instances something can go wrong hence the first step it to backup your iPhoto library so in the rare case of a problem you have a backup - so there is no risk if you follow instructions - otherwise I would not suggest it

and it may or may not resolve your issue since as far as I know no one else has had the same issue- but this is a safe way to try

LN

Feb 15, 2015 9:36 AM in response to Karen in VA

Rebuilding the database might jeopardize my 19,000 photos. I can live without printing another copy of this book. It doesn't feel like it's worth the risk.

Thank you for the time you spent thinking about this and offering advice.

That's why I circled Apple's recommendation in my screensbhot and Larry prefaced his suggestion with:

Back up your iPhoto library, Depress

Feb 24, 2015 3:36 PM in response to Old Toad

Mr. Toad and LarryHN:

I was snowed in all weekend so I followed your suggestions. I backed up all my photos, and then ran Rebuild Database. The application did a lot of work, but I still couldn't get into my old book. I ended up running all four of the repairs, which took several hours, and this did correct the missing photos in Faces (about half were missing, but I didn't think to mention this as part of the problem because I didn't know there might be a connection). Anyway, that's a worthwhile side benefit of running these repairs. But my book still doesn't open.

Enough, though. I can live with not being able to print another copy of the book. Just keep this in mind in case you hear of future issues like this one. I'm not that technical, but I will walk away thinking that there's some minor corruption in the database that doesn't interfere with 99% of iPhoto operations. I shouldn't take up more of your time. Thank you for your attention and time.

Reprint a book created in older version of iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.