Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a mac intel 2.66 running 10.7.5 as my main computer. I have an additional G5 mac in another building running Leopard. I have an apple extreme connected to my cable modem. I have added an additional airport extreme in another building about 60'

I have a mac intel 2.66 running 10.7.5 as my main computer. I have an additional G5 mac in another building running Leopard. I have an apple extreme connected to my cable modem. I have added an additional airport extreme in another building about 60' away and hard wired it with cat 6 to the G5. Currently it is in bridge mode. I can see both routers in the airport utility. I added the second one to be able to access 2 ip cams I have. I can see one of the ip cams on the intel wirelessly, but no luck with the G5. I cannot see the other ip cam on either computer.

My question is: Is bridge mode to correct way to do this?

Any input and help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 10:31 AM

4 replies

Feb 16, 2015 9:15 AM in response to Glen Miller2

Ok, thank you for the updates. Both base stations should be configured for a roaming type of extended network. Please refer to the link I provided earlier for the correct setup.

The basic requirements for a roaming network are:

• The base station must be interconnected by Ethernet. (Your's is already.) Note: Connect the Ethernet cable between the LAN port of the first base station and the WAN port on the "extending" base station.
  • Each base station must have a unique base station name.
  • The "extending" base station must be in bridge mode. (Your's is already.)
  • Each base station must use the same wireless network name, security type, and password.

With both base stations in a roaming configuration, each will have its respective Ethernet ports active, and both, will be broadcasting it own Wi-Fi network ... but those wireless networks will have the same name (aka, SSID) so wireless network client can roam between them.

I have a mac intel 2.66 running 10.7.5 as my main computer. I have an additional G5 mac in another building running Leopard. I have an apple extreme connected to my cable modem. I have added an additional airport extreme in another building about 60'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.