Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting Password error message

In attempting to make a usable laptop for a fifth grader, I'm the one getting an education while goofing things up. He does not want moms name as a user name, so I want to change it. I know I followed the instructions from the first time I asked the question and all went well, resulting in my name as user. Now I want to change it and can't find my notes with the password. When i've tried several times with the same instructions, I always get a file not found after the last step of entering the AppleSetupDone string. What have I done wrong now and how do I fix it?😕

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 10:40 AM

8 replies

Feb 15, 2015 9:39 AM in response to my ginger

I used command + S as I did in first time. that took me to terminal and I then proceeded with the instructions. The first time everything went smoothly and it took me to setting up my new account. Not this time as it can't find the last file Iine I typed in. Are you not allowed to change your password more than once?

Resetting Password error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.