Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I change alternate "apple-ID". not alternate "email" address

be careful. just alternate "apple-ID" for iCloud

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 2:12 PM

If you mean the @me.com and possibly @mac.com versions of the primary @icloud.com address, these are all the same thing and you can't change any of them.

3 replies

May 4, 2015 11:36 PM in response to Seirdree

People who had MobileMe and then moved to iCloud started with an @me.com address and then gained an @icloud.com address; older subscribers would have started as an @mac.com address. This would have been the ID/Login as well as the email address provided by the service.

If the text before the '@' is the same in all three cases then they are the same thing and cannot be changed. Messages to any of them go to the inbox . Of course you can set up additional addresses in the form of 'aliases'. Nowadays new ones can only be @icloud.com.

People who joined iCloud after MobileMe closed mostly have an ID which is a non-Apple address and of course an @icloud.com address but not (except for a very few cases) an @me.com address.

So when I said 'If you mean the @me.com and possibly @mac.com versions of the primary @icloud.com address, these are all the same thing and you can't change any of them.' then this is correct.

You may have a different set up because of the way you initially created your account.

And it is not your place to tell me what or what not to post.

how do I change alternate "apple-ID". not alternate "email" address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.