Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help me please

HI

my lap top stolen i need you help to lock it bcz i did earse the data befor i lock it ,, can you help me please

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 12:32 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2015 9:30 AM in response to Alessa.mohammad

Hi Alessa.mohammad,

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that. If you have already erased your device, you won’t be able to locate it with Find my [Device] anymore. For more information, see this resource:

iCloud: Erase your device

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2701

Important: Before you erase your device, try to locate it or play a sound on it. After you erase it, you can’t use Find My iPhone to do either. You may still be able to locate your Mac if it’s near a previously used Wi-Fi network.

At this time, it may be best to report your Mac as lost or stolen to local law enforcement:

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6318

If you can't find your Mac

Find My Mac is the only Apple service that can help track or locate a lost Mac. If you didn’t set up Find My Mac before your Mac was lost, or you can’t locate it, these steps might help you protect your data:

1. Change your Apple ID password to prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your Mac.
  2. Change your passwords for other accounts you use with your Mac, including email, banking, and social sites like Facebook or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen Mac to local law enforcement. They might request the serial number of your computer. You can find this information on the original box or receipt you received when you purchased your Mac, or on Apple's My Support Profile site if you registered your Mac.

- Matt M.

help me please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.