Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using a flat screen tv for a monitor on my mac mini, how do I add a camera for face time?

using a flat screen tv for a monitor on my mac mini, how do i attach a camera for facetime

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 12:07 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2015 9:24 AM in response to trukman

Hey there trukman,

It sounds like you are using a TV as a monitor for your Mac mini, and need to know about attaching a camera to it for use with FaceTime. Here is some info about using an external camera:

FaceTime for Mac: Troubleshooting FaceTime

• A built-in FaceTime camera, an iSight camera (built-in or external), a USB video class (UVC) camera, or a FireWire DV camcorder.
    • Making HD video calls requires a built-in FaceTime HD camera and a 1-Mbps upstream and downstream Internet connection.
    • Receiving HD video calls requires a supported Intel-based Mac. For a complete list, see this article.
  • A microphone.
    • You can use a built-in microphone, or connect an external microphone to your computer’s audio input port.
    • You can use compatible Bluetooth or USB microphone or headsets.

If you have multiple cameras or microphones attached to your computer, use the Video menu to select the camera or microphone you wish to use with FaceTime for Mac.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

using a flat screen tv for a monitor on my mac mini, how do I add a camera for face time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.