Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple support communities site does not work on iPad

a bit of a joke...

new iPad...lastest iOS 8

cannot use support community website:

1. when try to type in a question into "summary of your question"...the letters are invisible...the cursor advances but i cannot see the letters...

2. when i look at a list of questions...at the bottom is a button to view more questions...

when i hit it...it does not advance...

this is apple support viewed on an iPad using safari...

i don't get it..please advice

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 12:35 PM

23 replies

Feb 13, 2015 4:43 PM in response to mdb288

same on my iPhone 6...you cannot browse questions, and cannot submit a question...

these are web page forms that do not work...on the site for the largest computer company in the world...these type of forums have been around for ?15 years...

i have to go to my laptop to write this response...

it really is maddening...

maybe it is some security setting i have on my ipad/iphone...

it is truly bizarre...

Feb 13, 2015 6:22 PM in response to mdb288

CCC tracked me down to see if I could help, I do all my Forum work using an iPad. Most glitches just go away or a workaround can be found, if you still have problems the Dolphin web browser is a good alternative.

When you want to ask a questin tap new at the top of the page, then discussion. Don't use the Welcome page and summery of your question.

When you want to search use "search" in the upper right of this page, you usually get better results.

Edit. When using the Forum keep a sense of humor. We long ago decided the Jive software that runs the Forum has developed self awareness and when it sees you getting upset it purposely makes it harder.

Feb 14, 2015 3:19 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

yes on both iOS 8

for example...

got the email saying someone responded to a post...

clicked the link in the email ...it it took me to the thread....

clicked upper left button to login...worked...went back to thread...

"reply" button at the bottom of your post does not work...push it...nothing happens...

basic functionality does not work...

Feb 14, 2015 4:40 AM in response to mdb288

You're welcome. The Forum works fine on my iPad 4 with IOS 8.1.2. I just did the steps ypu mentioned in your reply to CCC, tapped reply, now I'm replying. Some things to try, a reset. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears release both buttons. Wait until your iPad starts on its own.

Go to settings> general> restrictions> remove all restrictions.

Go to settings> Safari> block cookies> allow from sites I visit.

Try Puffin web browser, my favorite alternative when Safari is acting up.

Feb 14, 2015 5:17 AM in response to mdb288

OK. Now we're getting somewhere! (MAYBE)

The ActionFlow>Result you describe is a known glitch in the SiteWare - I experienced it often until I changed my WorkFlow. Even with my Flow in play, I experienced it once about 3 days ago. To defeat this, I do this:

1. Login to ASC
  2. check Mail
  3. click link
  4. Reply, Like are alive and well

*it is interesting that only "JavaScript:void()" (on hover shows in 'progress' bar in a desktop browser) are dead - ASC (and a TON of sites) rely heavily on JavaScript "Client-Side" computing. I noticed a long time ago that Safari has a habit of hanging up on reading > executing some lines of javascript (many errors when viewing Developer Mode). Bottom line = everything you do on a single ASC page is happening ON your device IN the browser (with a few pages excepted - All Activity is one)

This client-side computing could explain the behavior you describe, but it seems it would likely be intermittent in occurrence.

The list of glitches still grows, however much fewer as time passes.

Feb 14, 2015 6:00 AM in response to mdb288

mdb288 wrote:

SNIP

it just strikes me as totally odd...does it work on your iOS devices...

again thx!

You're welcome. Excellent plan for any troubleshooting on any device - handheld or desktop - REBOOT! - it generally Kills the Villains.

User uploaded file

Safari: Apple seems (understandably) biased toward one of its flagship products - and does things AppleWorldWide to require its use sometimes.

• Watch Reveal Event 'Live S t r e a m' of video (Tweet feed worked?)
  • Watch archived 'Films' (apple.com/watch/films) & trailers.apple.com - shuts out the modern browsers that force consumption of HTML5 media - FF, Chrome, et al - these browsers 'disable' Plug-ins like QT and Flash on launch, even if present

Its efforts to influence our browser choice may be backfiring in some cases like yours(?)

For your last Q, the behavior you describe is new to my experience in catching the many iOS 8.x.x reports.

It occurs to me that since BOTH your iPhone and iPad are experiencing the same thing, looking outside the devices is not a bad theory, but there are many things "in between" the device and Apple.com - wi-fi router Firewall, cellular network, etc.... Try a modem/router reset as well after you REBOOT your devices - couldn't hurt.

Feb 14, 2015 6:44 AM in response to bobseufert

bobseufert wrote:

SNIP... The Forum works fine on my iPad 4 with IOS 8.1.2. ...SNIP

fine? bob = VERY generous man we trudge on...

• All Activity has been broken for several days - seems normal today (I am unsure what normal is, since I don't use it)
  • I had stopped receiving email notices two evenings ago = required AppleCare call / trouble ticket > email Hosts to fix - started showing signs of return last evening then seems fixed fully today

ActionFllow for me to get results from Apple real people seems to be:

1. Try everything under the sun to fix it
  2. Apple Support | Contact
  3. More Products & Services
  4. Apple ID
  5. Have your ducks in a row when you pick "Receive a call now"

aloha

ÇÇÇ

EDITadded

Let me add that I had to switch to Safari to get the page to load that had the "Call now" option - had 1 Infinite Loop User uploaded file

apple support communities site does not work on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.