Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voiceover does not toggle off

Why won't voiceover toggle to "off" on my ipad? I turned the voiceover feature on to have SIRI read a book for me and now I cannot turn it off, even using the double click method as I now have to do for everything on the ipad. I can get the toggle to move to the off position but then it immediately switches itself back over to the on position on its own- it won't stay in the off position. Very frustrating.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3, voiceover toggle wont stay off

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 2:53 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2015 10:26 AM in response to jmcgillivray

Hello jmcgillivray,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like VoiceOver is not staying in the Off position. I can imagine that this behavior would be very frustrating.

If VoiceOver toggles back to On by itself, even after you double tap the button, I recommend that you restart/reset your iPad:

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Next, you can also try this method to turn off VoiceOver using iTunes on a computer:

Managing Accessibility features using iTunes

• Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to any computer with iTunes installed.
  • In iTunes, select your device.
  • From the Summary pane, click > Configure Universal Access in the Options section at the bottom.
  • Select the feature you would like to use and click OK.

Note that if you're using iTunes 12, look for the option that says "Configure Accessibility" instead of Universal Access.

Use Accessibility features in iOS - Apple Support

If the issue persists, reset the settings on your iPad:

Reset All Settings: All your preferences and settings are reset.

Reset iPad settings - iPad User Guide

All the best,

Jeremy

voiceover does not toggle off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.