Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.3 ... calculator gone? or a bug?

I just updated to iOS 8.1.3 and I noticed that the calculator app is gone since 8.1.3 ... so I restored my iPad but it's still not there ... am I missing something??? Is it a bug or a feature?

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 2:15 PM

The iPad does not have an included calculator, unlike the iPhone.

9 replies

Jun 1, 2015 7:00 PM in response to artnative

I was also confused about the missing calculator in iOS 8. I recently (5-2015) bought an iPad and read the user manual. In the document titled "iPad User Guide for iOS 8.3" from Apple, on page 47 about the Control Center, it does mention a Calculator accesable from the Control Center. I can only assume that Apple (at one time) intended to include a calculator, but forgot to update the user manual for the iPad (someone said it's on the iPhone). I found a free one called Calculator X that also does conversions. It has some ads, but they are at the top and bottom and not too intrusive.

So stop looking for the missing calc, and find a better one for free. I still am looking for one that "sits" in the Control Panel...

Or is the Control Panel off limits to developers?

Jun 1, 2015 8:52 PM in response to larzaroni

Sharp eyes, I double checked and it definately says you can access the calculator from the Control Center. As you figured out it's a misprint. Even though developers can't touch the Control Center I'm surprized no one has come up with a calculator from the keypad app.. In the screenshot below I have a copy/paste history app you can access from the keyboard.

User uploaded file

iOS 8.1.3 ... calculator gone? or a bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.