Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time bug on iPhone 5c - iOS 8.1.3

I have an iPhone 5c 16gb that bought a little over a year ago. Everything's been working great until a few weeks ago when the built in clock started behaving wierd. The time is constantly running late. It doesn't make any difference if I set the time manually or on automatic. 8-10 minutes after I reset the time, the clock starts counting backwards every third minute or so. I restored the IPHONE to factory settings hoping that would solve the problem. But no, the clock still behaves like it did before.

I run on the latest iOS version (8.1.3).

Is there anyone who has similar issues with their Iphone?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3, iPhone 5c 16gb

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 5:43 PM

15 replies

Feb 17, 2015 4:56 PM in response to Kifum

With all due respect ManSinha & ChrisJ4203, in my research efforts to resolve this very same issue...there's bookoos of folks reporting the same problem. I've seen several posts before and after the 8.1 update. The clock issues reported after the update are exactly the same. The clock will not stay on the correct time, bluetooth not working and wi-fi connection unstable. Most everyone has gone through the same troubleshooting efforts and still was unable to resolve the issue. The ones that have taken it to an Apple Store after all else failed only to be told they will have to fork out the money for a new phone! That's not the answer you want to hear when you are still paying for the **** thing..this happened to mine 5 days after the manufacturer's warranty expired. There is most definitely an issue with the hardware but Apple will not accept the responsibility for these crappy phones and replace them like they should. That really ***** when I'm on my second iphone, my husband has one and our Ipad..I'm ready to tell Apple to shove their crappy phone and even crappier customer service up their ... well, you know. Apple has definitely gotten so wealthy they don't feel they have to support their products because they're banking on their popularity keeping them rolling in the money...but consumers won't put up with it too much longer...their products are getting worse and worse and other manufacturers are making theirs better and better..but until Apple gets off their butts and do something about it..we're just stuck with a crappy phone that shows yesterday's date, no bluetooth, no maps or calendar that works and unstable wi-fi on our friggin' high priced piece of crap! Nice job, Apple! I've learned my lesson..Samsung is looking pretty **** good right about now!! Good luck to the rest of the folks trying to get something done on their phone.

Apr 8, 2015 10:49 AM in response to lyons1017

I have a 5c from Verizon and have had the same issues. First, the clock and bluetooth and then texts and calls weren't working. Verizon was no help and told me I could buy a used phone until my upgrade and I haven't tried the genius bar yet because I'm expecting the same answer. I ended up downgrading to an old 4 until my upgrade in September which ***** because it's so slow! haha

Anyone get this problem resolved?

Jun 18, 2015 4:21 AM in response to Kifum

HI, I am currently experiencing the same problem.

I Have had this phone for a whole 107 days, this is my 5th replacement phone under warranty. All previous issues have been hardware issues that have been covered under the warranty. However this phone is now 17 days out of warranty, leaving me with a useless phone!

NO time - apparently is yestersay morning still, wrong if I do it auto or manual, sp no alarm clock for me. No blu tooth, intermittent wifi & im finding It has charging issues also being tempeimental as to when it will charge or not.

this is my first ever iPhone - I certainly won't be getting another.

Bring on samsung!!

Jul 17, 2015 4:53 AM in response to Kifum

Same problem here with my daughter's phone. It's a month out of 1 year warranty and we have taken it back to the Apple Store. They have said its unfixable and requires a hardware replacement for £199! Apple should recognise they are shipping crap phones and replace the unit. My daughter is now insisting on a Samsung... gone are the days when Apple = Quality.

Mar 4, 2016 9:33 PM in response to Kifum

Hey there. I GOT MY TIME PROBLEM FIXED! I bought an iPhone 5c with a problem with keeping time and the WiFi kept turning off and on repeatedly. I googled and googled and read that it is possible it's the WiFi antenna or gps antenna. I ALMOST went to get the WiFi antenna replaced but decided to call Apple before I did that. The phone was out of warranty for a year. I made an appointment and went in to the Apple store. The guy said he hasn't heard of the problem before but he said it sounds like a software issue. He wanted to do a restore on iTunes and I told him I already did that. He said the one at home is more of a very soft reset and that this reinstalls the software. He said if this doesn't fix it, you could get a replacement at $375.. (Right) anyway so he said try this and see if it works. He also said to start fresh and not to restore my phone from a backup as it could have the bug in it and I'll have the same issues.

I was so skeptical but the restore was done, I said thanks and have a nice day... I went in last night to do this, and it's now over 24 hours and it's keeping perfect time and no wifi issues.

Tl;dr take your iPhone into the Apple store and they will do a restore that is different than doing it at home and it will likely fix the time keeping problem and WiFi problem. It fixed mine.

Time bug on iPhone 5c - iOS 8.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.