Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My imessege will not reactivate when I sign in to my apple id

I have been having problems with my imessege and FaceTime. They seem to work for periods of time and then all of a sudden it deactivates itself and I cannot sign back in. I've made absolute sure that I am writing the same passwords and apple Id. I have also tried signing into my alternative address and it still won't do anything. It slides along to the part where it asks which one you would like to used after I click sign in but goes straight back to the sign in part. It is extremely frustrating considering I have changed my password several times and switched my addresses too. I've changed the DNS numbers as well and its made no difference. Some straight forward help would be great!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 8:11 PM

4 replies

Feb 14, 2015 2:18 AM in response to EireannKennedy

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

FaceTime, Game Center, Messages: Troubleshooting sign in issues

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Mar 19, 2015 10:14 AM in response to EireannKennedy

I have an old iPod Touch with old software that can no longer be updated:

iOS version 6.1.6

I've been searching for a solution to my iMessage login problem for months and tried everything from those frustrating links and all the tips from other users.

Here is what finally worked:

1) Settings > Privacy > Location Services > On

2) Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically > On

3) Reboot device until Apple logo appears

4) Settings > Messages > Sign In

Mar 23, 2015 8:12 PM in response to EireannKennedy

I have been having the same problem with my iPod touch 4th gen. I can sign in to iMessage, then pick the email address I want to use. Then it says verifying at the top of the screen, but after a while it just sends me back to the sign in screen. It's a never-ending cycle. I have tried resetting all of the settings, clearing the iPod and restoring from backup, checking that the time is updated automatically and nothing seems to make a difference. It has been this way since about mid-January. It just stopped working one day. Any ideas?

My imessege will not reactivate when I sign in to my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.