Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite slower to wake up?

Since upgrading to Yosemite, when my iMac first "wakes up" from sleep mode, the time is wrong (in the upper right menu bar) and no new emails are yet loaded. Then after a minute or two, the time catches up to the correct time of day, and the emails star loading. When I was still running Lion or Leopard, these things were updated while the iMac slept, and were instantly correct the moment the screen lit up. How come?

P.S. My iMac is always switched on, just sleeps after "x" minutes, and my wifi network is always active.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), null

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 9:01 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2015 12:31 PM in response to Rhythm Earthsong

Howdy Rhythm Earthsong,

If your computer is still a bit slow to completely wake and catch up and it is not coming out of Safe Sleep:

OS X: When your Mac doesn't sleep or wake

Your computer is slow to wake from sleep

If you see a progress bar when you wake your computer from sleep, this is normal. The computer is waking from safe sleep.

I would perform the troubleshooting from the "Additional troubleshooting" section of the same article shown above to help resolve the issue.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Yosemite slower to wake up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.