Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp problem

I am using bootcamp for the first time. I have a 2014 MacBook pro 15 retina display

- First thing I did was open bootcamp assistant

- Plug usb and copy wininstaller data onto flashdrive

- proceed with the bootcamp process

- Had to partition windows so I gave it 115gb out of 500gb total.

- When in the windows screen it asked where would I like windows to go and it presented me a list of available partitions

- I formatted the only one that was in the 100's gb (107.00 out of 115gb desired) and selected it after format success and launched windows

Now this brings me to my issue

As soon as I logged in windows and made it to the dashboard I noticed that my screen is very dim beyond normal and when I check brightness settings it says it is at max brightness. That is total B.S. so I tried to see if my NVidia drivers were updated and installed/reinstalled it and the screen went to normal brightness and I was happy. But then I left my computer for a bit and it went to sleep. when I got back I woke it up and it went dim again. I updated my windows programs and NVidia drivers so it cant be that. I did discover that bootcamp is missing a driver and it needs to install it. When I click it it redirects me to the apple website for bootcamp support but I don't see the driver download. I need help to GET MY SCREEN BACK TO BRIGHT.

Screen brightness is my only known performance issue so if any wise people can aide me in my time of need please feel free!!!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2014

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 10:50 PM

9 replies

Bootcamp problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.