Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet problems MacBook air

I need help,

I have a macbook air running mavericks 10.9.5 and I am having trouble connecting to the internet.

My macbook can see the internet but when I try to connect it can't get an ip. So i tried to assign my own and that didn't work either.

I have gone through every function that the computer itself offers but that was no use.

Is there anyway anyone can help, it would be graetly appreciated.

Thank you.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 6:00 AM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Npaquin

Hello Npaquin,

I know it can be very frustrating when you can't connect to the internet. It sounds like you've done some troubleshooting, but perhaps the article below can help you find a resolution. Click on the article link for complete details. I've quoted some key information that may be relevant.

Solutions for connecting to the Internet, setting up a small network, and troubleshooting - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT1714

If you've been using a Wi-Fi connection, plug in an Ethernet cable to troubleshoot the internet connection first.

DNS issues - "Server Could Not Be Found", webpages load slowly

DNS-related alert messages

It's possible to successfully connect to the Internet but not be able to load webpages or do other things that use the Internet. You may see messages such as:

• "The server could not be found."
  • "The specified server could not be found."
  • "A connection failure has occurred."
  • "Connection attempt failed."
  • "Name servers not responding."

Delay before connection

In some cases, webpages might load, but you have to wait quite a bit before they do. This could be caused by DNS issues.
The domain name system (DNS) server, which is provided by your Internet service provider or network administrator, translates names like "www.apple.com" to their numerical IP addresses. For more information, see these articles:

Regards,

- Judy

Internet problems MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.