Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My folders on my QNAP NAS turned to be exec files when listed on my mac mini - not being accessible. When I restart the QNAP or my MAC I can see tham as a normal folder until my MacMini goes asleep and after awaking it I have again exe files.

I have a QNAP NAS which is connected to my Mac Mini.

When turning on I see my folders as folders, although one folder (might be too big) is not present.

After my computer turns off in energy saving mode and after starting it again, some of the folders turned to "exec" (black tile with green letters). They are not accessible anymore.

On my Windows machine and via the QNAP filesystem they are stil accessible.

The folders I talk about are full of Camera RAW files and XML-files (belonging to the camera raw files) as well as jpg and tiff files.

Who can help me....

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), QNAP TS-219 NAS

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 3:39 AM

There are no replies.

My folders on my QNAP NAS turned to be exec files when listed on my mac mini - not being accessible. When I restart the QNAP or my MAC I can see tham as a normal folder until my MacMini goes asleep and after awaking it I have again exe files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.