Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.1.3 Wi Fi connectivity issue

I purchased an IPhone 6plus for me and 6 for my wife a week ago. Within 3 days we both installed the IOS 8.1.3 update. I am trying to use my personal hot spot for the first time today and my Toshiba Windows 7 wireless adapter will not connect. It picks up the connection momentarily and then drops it and says unable to connect. Funny thing is it will connect to my wife's IPhone 6 with the same IOS version. Any suggestions?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 8:25 AM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2015 8:31 AM in response to Reinman63

Are there any special characters in the name of your phone, such as an apostrophe, an emoji, or anything like that? Windows does not like those when looking at a Wi-Fi network. You can also try this support document for troubleshooting hotspot, but it may require you to troubleshoot your computer, rather than the hotspot settings. iOS: Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

IOS 8.1.3 Wi Fi connectivity issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.