Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I get Airport

I bought an iMac last April and love it. I just bought my first iPhone (the 6). Should I get airport to have more compatibility? I do use my internet for online gaming with 2 playstations at the same time at certain times. Will this support those? Right now I have a Netgear router hooked to my comcast cable box. Never gives me connection problems or anything. I was also looking at the time capsule. That would be very convenient in the future. Any help would be great. Thank you!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 7:53 AM

Hi - to give you the simple answer, Yes! - the new Apple Extreme AC is designed to work and play well with other Apple products - and if you are thinking of a Time Capsule then get it now - it is basically an Extreme AC with a built-in hard drive - you would replace the Netgear router with it - and it works great with Playstations - if you have any other questions, let me know.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2015 7:53 AM in response to cplank

Hi - to give you the simple answer, Yes! - the new Apple Extreme AC is designed to work and play well with other Apple products - and if you are thinking of a Time Capsule then get it now - it is basically an Extreme AC with a built-in hard drive - you would replace the Netgear router with it - and it works great with Playstations - if you have any other questions, let me know.

Feb 14, 2015 11:47 AM in response to CRMDVM

Ok. So is this all that I would need? http://store.apple.com/us/product/ME177/airport-time-capsule-2tb?aid=www-k2-airp ort+time+capsule+-+index-n%40p&cp=k2-air…

So this will provide a back up and my wifi that I can connect to my comcast motorola internet box? All in one setup? I know how to read but just wanna make sure! HAHA Won't be getting it right away but I like to do research before getting anything.

Do you know anything about syncing between iMac and my iPhone? I have to hook it up to get my music to sync. I thought it was all wireless etc. I do like the picture stuff and whenever I take pics they go to my iMac automatically. Great feature. I've always been an android user. But I switched last weekend and got the iPhone 6. Highly enjoy it so far.

Should I get Airport

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.