Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have 2011 Mac Mini. A 'gatekeeper' was installed by Apple 2/12/15, have not been able to connect with HDMI cable to TV since then. Have all Yosemite updates...HELP?

HDMI connection to TV failed since 'Gatekeeper' was installed on 2/12/15. It was an automatic install from Apple. Tried all tips noted on other pages, please help!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), HDMI-failed-'gatekeeper instl. 2/12

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 9:12 AM

Just what do you mean by "Gatekeeper' was installed on 2/12/15"

Gatekeeper is a feature that allows you to control installation of app, not video output.

OS X: About Gatekeeper - Apple Support

What happens when you try to use HDMI?

Have you tried another monitor and cable?

15 replies

Feb 14, 2015 10:31 AM in response to lllaass

HDMI cable is good, works on RoKu and had been working fine with our mac mini, but noticed on 2/12/15 @12:48p, version 59 of gatekeeper configuration data was installed. That night the HDMI did not work on TV...keeps reading "no signal" which we tried rebooting several times, sprayed electronics cleaner on it last night, tried a different cable (15') instead of the 5', took back to regular old monitor, restarted and works fine. Even tried the 'apple' adaptor that came with mini...same thing "no signal". I don't know and didn't know what a "gatekeeper" was, looks like they started doing these configurations on 9/17/2014. Do not have another monitor that uses HDMI, no lap top, only a iPhone 4. Any hints you can give me would be helpful...Thanks, CC

Feb 14, 2015 11:46 AM in response to lllaass

Our one TV is the only HDMI monitor. Tried all the resetting, still shows 'no signal' on HDMI TV. Obviously it's working but not on HDMI. Does the 'Sudden Motion Sensor' kick in while carrying to another room? I can't reset the NVRAM or PRAM b\c my keyboard does not show "Option-R-P". Has good air vent., doesn't show anything but regular booting when restart or reboot process. Does show Adobe Flash trying to install when shutting down but can't get to it fast enough. Does it need to finish the download for AFplayer? Or is it a motion sensor? Everything else is working fine, scanner, printer, DVD (apple). Should I reboot my router (isp)and wifi(apple) products?

Feb 15, 2015 4:31 PM in response to lllaass

Well you have been very helpful with your links but unable to reboot the NVRAM or PRAM. Nothing happened after four different tries. PC still working A-OK on old monitor but not with TV. Unless there is something else you can think of, I may have to take it in to the genius's.

A+++ service, thank you.

CC

Sent from Apple ANNIE

(Cyndi Chase)

Feb 17, 2015 8:18 AM in response to CyndiC1961

Putting this one to rest. Found a PC adaptor line, hooked into thunderbolt line then to TV. Brought out speakers from office and have audio. Inspected the HDMI plug on back of Mac Mini and found a slightly askew pin. Send a link to purchase new Apple plug, HDMI, we may do this ourselves if not too involved. Thanks to all who answered questions. This keyboard was purchase to work and be wireless otherwise it's useless just Apple compatible.

Feb 17, 2015 10:14 AM in response to CyndiC1961

It is hard to find Apple part number for parts not normally replaced like the HDMI plug. It is still harder to get the parts.

Step 14 shows the connectors on the back on the Mini

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Mac+Mini+Mid+2011+Teardown/6131

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store and discuss it with them.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Feb 17, 2015 1:31 PM in response to jbarley

I'll try the plug up then if nothing happens I'll reset the SMC. This language is a little over my head, just finished reading the entire link about 'gatekeeper, I'll keep you informed as to what happens. Your very helpful, love my mac!! Update: 2/17/15 tried both ways C-O-P-R and O-R-R neither did anything, even had my husband turn it on and as soon as I heard the rough or start up, it did nothing. Crappy keyboard but it does serve a purpose...I am writing this to you!

Have 2011 Mac Mini. A 'gatekeeper' was installed by Apple 2/12/15, have not been able to connect with HDMI cable to TV since then. Have all Yosemite updates...HELP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.