Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone can't find iMac for wifi iTunes sync

Late 2013 iMac running Yosemite 10.10.2

iPhone 5 (16GB) running iOS 8.1.3

iPad mini with retina display (64GB) running iOS 8.1.3

iTunes 12.1.0.50

Problem: iPhone no longer syncs with iTunes via wifi. When I access iTunes, it shows the icon for the iPad (upper left corner) and I can manually sync the two if I want. I used to be able to see both the iPad and the iPhone, but now the iPhone has disappeared. If I try to sync the iPhone to iTunes (Settings - General - iTunes Wi-Fi Sync) it says its looking for my iMac, but ultimately can't find it. It appears to sync fine if I connect the two via cable, but I'd prefer to just have it work via wireless. This appears to have have started when I upgraded the phone to iOS 8.1.3. Any suggestions? Bob

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 3:00 PM

Greetings MGBBob,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with iTunes Wi-Fi sync. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

iTunes 10.5 and later: Troubleshooting iTunes Wi-Fi syncing - Apple Support

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2015 3:00 PM in response to MGBBob

Greetings MGBBob,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with iTunes Wi-Fi sync. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

iTunes 10.5 and later: Troubleshooting iTunes Wi-Fi syncing - Apple Support

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

iPhone can't find iMac for wifi iTunes sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.