Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internet recovery error -3403d

iMac not responding. Reboot with Option D key held and get a Internet Recovery Error -3403D. What should I try next?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 10:24 AM

8 replies

Feb 14, 2015 11:09 AM in response to LENfromwyckoff

Booting int the Internet Recovery boot is Command ⌘)+R and it only goes to the internet recoverhy if there's no system on the boot drive.

The following is from this Apple document: OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

OS X Internet Recovery

Newer Macs include the ability to start up directly from an Internet-based version OS X Recovery. Your Mac automatically uses this feature when the Recovery System on the startup drive isn't available. For example, if your startup drive encounters an issue, or if your startup drive has been replaced or erased. Internet Recovery lets you start your Mac directly from Apple's servers. Starting up from this system performs a quick test of your memory and hard drive to check for hardware issues.

Haven't found an Option+D boot key combination listed anywhere. However I did find this: Error 3403f MacBook Air Internet Recovery Message. Don't know if it applies to what you're getting.

The local hardware test is just holding down the D key: Using Apple Hardware Test - Apple Support.

If the local AHD test is not available newer Macs will use the internet hardware test.
User uploaded file

Feb 14, 2015 11:22 AM in response to LENfromwyckoff

No. The above was just what I got from a Google search. Might be time for an appointment at the nearest Apple Genius bar for a free diagnostic.

Are you able to boot normally and run? If so download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here (and recommended by Apple Support personnel) in the ASC to help identify the more obvious culprits.

internet recovery error -3403d

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.