Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My FaceTime has frozen and since FaceTime was why I bought my iPad i am very upset can anyone help me

My FaceTime won't work And if I go to it in settings it freezes completely I think it is just since last update. It was the reason I bought an iPad air and it has been great to speak to my family in the states can anyone help me thank you

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 8:46 AM

5 replies

Feb 14, 2015 10:18 AM in response to JimHdk

Thanks for replying to me as I said to the last poster I am very unsure about computers and worry I'll lose everything on it! I tried to chat with Apple support but didn't manage I am out of the 90 day period although within the guarantee.

When I go on FaceTime or messages I just get a blank screen and as I said when I go to either on settings the screen freezes.

Feb 14, 2015 11:09 AM in response to Kargyll

Just because you asked a question here doesn't force you to do anything that you don't feel comfortable doing. I don't think that anybody trying to help would want to see you do something that you are unsure about doing.

Try this, you will not lose anything at all. Close all of the apps on your iPad and then do the reset again.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Next, reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

My FaceTime has frozen and since FaceTime was why I bought my iPad i am very upset can anyone help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.