Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make sure iPhone 5C is powered off - it has a broken screen

I have a 5C with a screen that doesn't work. I'd like to take the SIM card out and generally get it ready to sell, but I'm not sure how to make sure that it's completely powered off before I take the SIM out. The screen never lights up, so how can I be sure it's off? Flipping the silent mode switch on and off doesn't make it vibrate btw.

Thanks for the help!

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 10:48 AM

14 replies

Feb 14, 2015 11:52 AM in response to brightnsalty

You've been given incorrect information. Once you start the two-button reset, the device will reboot, not stay off. The only way to get the device to stay off is to use the 'Slide to Power' off (which you cannot do), or to let the device run out of battery power. The two-button reset is just that; it resets the iPhone, which means it turns off then turns back on. If it fails to turn back on, then that means there was a glitch in the reset process. Correct operation would have the device turn off then turn back on.

You don't have to turn off the device to remove the SIM card. In fact, the Apple Support article says nothing about turning off the device first: Remove the SIM card from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How do I make sure iPhone 5C is powered off - it has a broken screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.