Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a classic iPod. Some songs do not play all the way through.

I originally thought this pertained only to songs purchased through iTunes, but it seems to affect other files as well.

Any ideas about this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 6:55 AM

Hey macgroupie,

If you are having an issue with your iPod classic not playing songs through to completion, there are a couple of troubleshooting steps you should try to correct it.

First, I would suggest resetting the iPod classic. See this article for directions -

Reset your iPod - Apple Support

In particular -

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (about 6 to 8 seconds). You might need to repeat this step.

Test your iPod at this point to see if songs will now play all the way through. If your issue is still not resolved, you may need to restore the iPod classic to factory settings. This article gives directions -

Restoring iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing,

Brett L

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2015 6:55 AM in response to macgroupie

Hey macgroupie,

If you are having an issue with your iPod classic not playing songs through to completion, there are a couple of troubleshooting steps you should try to correct it.

First, I would suggest resetting the iPod classic. See this article for directions -

Reset your iPod - Apple Support

In particular -

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (about 6 to 8 seconds). You might need to repeat this step.

Test your iPod at this point to see if songs will now play all the way through. If your issue is still not resolved, you may need to restore the iPod classic to factory settings. This article gives directions -

Restoring iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing,

Brett L

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.