Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eject SD card

I cannot find the icon associated with the SD card to drag it to the Trash as noted on the FAQs for ejecting an SD card. Nothing popped up on the screen when I put it in, but I was able to download my photos into iPhoto. Now I just need to know how to safely eject the card. I am a new MacBook Pro user.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 1:25 PM

You should be able to highlight the icon of the SD card, on the screen, and then choose

the Eject menu bar option, or drag the highlighted SD icon to the Trash, to unmount it.

Or look into the Disk Utility to see what kinds of drives and other items, memory cards,

camera card, etc, appear. You may be able to see it and perhaps repair it. Perhaps to

simply re-start the computer, will allow the icon image to appear in your desktop.

Then it should be safe to eject & remove the card from the slot.

Hopefully the process does as it should.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2015 1:25 PM in response to Krkski

You should be able to highlight the icon of the SD card, on the screen, and then choose

the Eject menu bar option, or drag the highlighted SD icon to the Trash, to unmount it.

Or look into the Disk Utility to see what kinds of drives and other items, memory cards,

camera card, etc, appear. You may be able to see it and perhaps repair it. Perhaps to

simply re-start the computer, will allow the icon image to appear in your desktop.

Then it should be safe to eject & remove the card from the slot.

Hopefully the process does as it should.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Eject SD card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.