Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have no icon for iBooks. How do I open my books

I Have no Icon for I books. I cannot open my books without going through the App Store each time.

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 1:35 PM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2015 11:49 PM in response to Janicefrommass

If you can't find the iBooks app on any of your iPad's homescreens or app folders, then can you can't find it via the spotlight search screen (pull down the centre of the home screen in iOS 7+ ; swipe your first home screen to the right in iOS 6 and below) - if you can find it via the search screen then the search results screen might, if it's in an app folder, tell you the name of the app folder to its right.

If that doesn't find it then try a soft-reset to see if you can find it after the iPad has restarted : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

If you can't find it after the soft-reset then you could try doing Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout - that will re-arrange all of your apps on your home screens and might make it easier to find, but it is likely to remove any app folders that you've created.

I have no icon for iBooks. How do I open my books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.