Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I unsubscribe form a podcast?

subscribed to a podcast that I don't like, the only way I've found to get rid of it is to manually delete each download, but of course it's still in my "cloud" and I get a new podcast each week, surely there is a way to unsubscribe from a podcast

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 2:05 PM

3 replies

May 1, 2017 6:44 AM in response to jnlyn5

This does NOT work for me.

I am using iTunes 12.6 -- on Mac OS 10.12.

With Podcasts selected on the "left-column" menu, I get three options at the top-middle (below the apple in the Mac iTunes app): (1) LIbrary (2) Unplayed (3) Store

Selecting a podcast does NOT change that menu.

When I select a podcast -- I see the podcast window on the right-half of the screen. The little cogwheel seems like it would allow me to "limit episodes" but it is unclear whether setting that to "off" turns off the limits (making the number of episodes "unlimited" or sets the limits to "no-episodes".

Although I seem to be able to click the blue ball w/the 3 white dots and unsubscribe -- this leaves me with 21 episodes for that podcast shown on the "column menu" in the middle of the iTunes Library screen.

I have gone back and forth from the Mac iTunes to my iPhone 6 iTunes for about the last two hours. Nothing but frustration.

Feb 14, 2015 2:50 PM in response to jnlyn5

only had a "subscribe" button for the podcast in my pIaylist, but went into settings for the podcast, unsubscribe was already selected (?), in addition I selected do not download new episodes, then the delete option was finally active under Edit so I was able to get rid of them. thanks for pointing me to viewing by playlist.

how do I unsubscribe form a podcast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.