Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The network connection could not be stablished" - "An unknown error occured (-50)"

Can't authorize my account.

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 5:47 PM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2015 8:59 AM in response to kulafuss

Good Afternoon, kulafuss,

I'm not sure if your two questions are related, but let's start with the steps to authorize your your computer for iTunes:

Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201251

Authorize your computer before you use it to sync or play content that you download from the iTunes Store.

When you authorize your Mac or PC, you’re giving it permission to access your apps, audiobooks, books, music, movies, and other content. You can authorize up to 5 computers, which means that you can play your content on 5 different computers. You can authorize a computer only through iTunes on that particular computer. You can't authorize a computer from another computer or from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

How do I authorize a computer?

1. Open iTunes on the computer you want to authorize.
  2. Choose Store > Authorize This Computer from the menu bar.
    You might need to show the menu bar to see this option in Windows. In earlier versions of iTunes, you can access this option from the Advanced menu.
    User uploaded file
  3. Enter your Apple ID and click Authorize.

If iTunes asks you to authorize your computer again, it won't use a new authorization. iTunes uses the same authorization for the same computer.

What happens if I run out of authorizations?

If one of your 5 authorizations is on a computer you don't use much anymore, deauthorize it. If you've sold or given away a computer that used one of your 5 authorizations, you'll need to deauthorize all of your computers and then re-authorize each one you still use.

Windows users:

If you didn’t deauthorize your computer before reinstalling Windows or upgrading your RAM, hard disk, or other system components, your computer might be using multiple authorizations. Try deauthorizing your computer a few times until it’s no longer authorized, then authorize your computer again, and it will use only one authorization.

How do I know how many computers I've authorized?

If you've authorized more than 2 computers, you can see how many are authorized.

Open your account in iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID. (Or, open iTunes, click Store > Sign In, and enter your Apple ID and password.) In the Apple ID Summary section, you’ll see the number of computers that you’ve authorized with your Apple ID. You can’t see the names of those computers.

User uploaded file

Do I need to authorize my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?

No. You don’t need to authorize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but you do need to associate your iOS devices with your Apple ID. Your iOS devices don’t use your available authorizations.

Get help

Last Modified:

The resource below will provide some intial troubleshooting steps when you receive error messages when updating or restoring iTunes software.

Resolve iOS update and restore errors in iTunes - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-ng/HT201210

You can fix most update and restore errors with a few simple steps. Try these first:

Update iTunes.

Get the latest version of iTunes on your computer.

Update your OS.

Install available updates for your Mac. If you have a PC, you can get PC software updates from the Microsoft website.

Check your computer’s security software.

You might need to update, change, disable, or uninstall software that’s causing an issue.

Unplug extra USB devices.

Keep only your iOS device, keyboard, and mouse plugged in directly to your computer.

Restart.

Turn off your computer and your device. Then turn them on again.

Try again.

Update or restore your iOS device again.

Regards,

- Judy

"The network connection could not be stablished" - "An unknown error occured (-50)"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.