Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution for Voiceover kit installation issues. Errors 1260 and 1701. [MAC Only]

Hey guys!

This a solution for the Voiceover Kit installation problems, usually associated with errors 1260 and 1701 — MAC Only.

If you get something like this:

User uploaded file

(drop down menu not available)

User uploaded file

(voiceover kit won't download)

[THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL FIX, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!]

Just follow the steps:

1. Quit iTunes;

2. Open Finder;

3. On menu bar click on Go > Go To Folder or press Shift+Cmd+G;

4. Type or paste the following: /Library/Application Support/iTunes;

5. Select the file iPodVoiceOver.framework and move it to trash (or to your desktop, so you can save it as backup // itunes will download it again anyway) — and leave this folder open;

6. Download the following: click here (+- 80mb)

7: Move it to the open folder, so we can replace the previous file;

8. Open iTunes;

9. Voilà! If you try to enable VoiceOver on your iPod, it will be working!

This was tested with OS X Yosemite 10.10, iTunes 12.1 and iPod Shuffle 4G.

Let me know if this works for you guys as well, I hope so! 😉

iPod shuffle

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 8:05 PM

11 replies

Sep 20, 2016 12:34 PM in response to mariosilva

Hi,

For people who want some more details, my understanding is that the VoiceOver framework simply never completes installation on OS X 10.10, 10.11. Same applies on macOS Sierra (10.12).

I used a virtual machine to install OS X Lion (10.7, 64-bits) and plugged my iPod Shuffle into it. It did properly install the VoiceOver Kit and I could test it worked. Once you have to VoiceOver.framework and all of its content (indeed ~80 MB), proceeding to copy it to your recent OS X / macOS as mariosilva describes does indeed work.

Nothing against mariosilva's download link, but if you are like me and prefer to install from a known source (in my case, genuine Apple downloads), then you know how to process.

Cheers!

macOS Sierra, OS X 10.12 VoiceOver Kit voiceover.framework install installation fails error

PS: thank you mario silva for figuring it out and documenting it well.

Oct 4, 2016 2:54 AM in response to mariosilva

Pour les non anglophones (si, si, ça existe !), voici la traduction :

1. Télécharger d’abord le fichier « iPodVoiceOver.framework.zip »;

2. Sortir d’iTunes ;

3. Ouvrir le Finder ;

4. Sur la barre de menu supérieur, cliquez sur « Aller » > « Aller au dossier… » ou appuyez simultanément « Shift+Cmd+G » ;

5. Coller la ligne suivante : « /Library/Application Support/iTunes » ;

6. Sélectionner le fichier iPodVoiceOver.framework et le mettre à la poubelle, vider la poubelle ;

7: Remplacer par le fichier non zippé du début (le dézipper au préalable !) ;

8. Ouvrir iTunes ;

9. Voilà !

Oct 5, 2016 3:05 AM in response to mariosilva

I can verify that this file works for iPod Shuffle (4th generation) on iTunes 12.5.1.21(latest version today) (MacOs X Sierra) Otherwise like most of the people I was having downloading issues. iTunes wasn't giving me errors but it was showing as the file was downloading but it couldn't download or enable VoiceOver. So I would like to thanks a lot for sharing this. 🙂

Dec 13, 2016 7:42 AM in response to Glougloumouth

@Glougloumouth Thanks! Yes, at the time of my post I couldn't find any downloadable file from Apple so I decided to make it available for other people facing the same problem, hoping that Apple would fix it soon or even pick my post and make it part of the troubleshooting. Anyway, I guess it's still happening and this is a very easy way for those folks who aren't very good at computing! A simple download, drag and drop works like a charm! Although is not a "trusted source", I clearly stated it was not an official fix and one should proceed at their own risk! I don't want to blamed of any damage afterwards... hahaha Thanks for the feedback and alternative solution to this case!!! 😀

Solution for Voiceover kit installation issues. Errors 1260 and 1701. [MAC Only]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.