Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CoreAudioToolbox.dll error message

When I attempt to launch iTunes, it immediately crashes with a CoreAudioToolbox.dll error message:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: iTunes.exe

Application Version: 12.1.0.71

Application Timestamp: 54c76235

Fault Module Name: CoreAudioToolbox.dll

Fault Module Version: 7.9.9.4

Fault Module Timestamp: 54940ab1

Exception Code: c000001d

Exception Offset: 00000000001fa332

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 08cd

Additional Information 2: 08cd603a7bdfc6d6c252e26b2cf432d0

Additional Information 3: 5d40

Additional Information 4: 5d40b321b4ec11bd0225476ac786fcd5

This has never happened to me before. I have attempted to uninstall/re-install the program multiple times but it still gave me the same result. What should I do? Please help!

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 10:06 PM

4 replies

Feb 16, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Chris_K_13

Hello Chris_K_13,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like iTunes is crashing unexpectedly on Windows 7. Uninstalling and reinstalling the application was a good step, and if the issue persists, there may still be a software cause needing to be isolated.

Next, try the troubleshooting method outlined in this article:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Feb 16, 2015 10:32 AM in response to Chris_K_13

Entry point errors can often be fixed by deleting the offending dll, then repairing the component it is part of. I can't check which component CoreAudioToolbox.dll is part of at the moment (using an iPad on a bus) but I suspect it is Apple Application Support.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If the advice above doesn't resolve things you could try this alternate version:

iTunes 12.1.0.71 for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) - itunes64setup.exe (2015-01-28)

which is a 64-bit installer for the 32-bit version of the core application, similar to previous 64-bit releases.

Or roll back to the previous build:

tt2

CoreAudioToolbox.dll error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.