Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios security crash alert

I was browsing on safari and got a message that stated that " ios security crash alert call 1-800-480-4170 for immediate fix (toll free), I've never seen that before and just recently changed from an iPhone 5S to the iPhone 6. Is this valid or is my phone being hacked. In the past while on the phone with my 5S (and now with my 6), my phone would automatically kick me out of certain apps., or there would be beeping noises while I was having a conversation. Has this happened to anyone else and how can I get this resolved? Any help would be greatly appreciated

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 10:52 PM

Your phone is not being hacked - it is just a scam. Ignore it. Close the site you are browsing.

Cheers,

GB

14 replies

Jul 30, 2015 12:36 PM in response to apheartsong

It is not malware on your phone. It is your browser being hijacked. You are probably best off not visiting sites where this happens; there's a good chance the sites have been hacked. To clear the problem (which may be only a temporary fix):

• Turn on Airplane mode
  • Press HOME once; wait a couple of seconds, and double-press HOME
  • Scroll to Safari and flick the screen image up to kill the Safari app
  • Press HOME
  • Go to Settings/Safari, scroll down, and tap Clear History and Website Data
  • Press HOME
  • Reboot the phone by holding HOME and SLEEP at the same time until an Apple logo appears
  • Turn off Airplane mode

This should fix the immediate problem.

ios security crash alert

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.