Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch has deleted all my files!

Ok so this is the issue.....Last week I opened my 5th gen iPod touch on my mac at work, I seemed to have loads of space and when I checked it had deleted all my videos and music. So I just wiped it and restored it.

I then loaded the music and videos again and it seemed fine.

So yesterday I added some videos to it on my mac at home and watched a few, then was watching one in the taxi this morning. I go to work, added a few videos and although it shows all my videos, about 30 of them and all my music when I click on them it comes up with ⚠ and they aren't actually on. So it's deleted them again!

Now I have it set to manually managed music and videos so what's the problem?

I don't mind putting stuff back on but I don't wan this to be a regular occurence.

Any ideas? Thanks loads in advance,

Dave

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 10:28 PM

10 replies

Feb 16, 2015 2:18 AM in response to Spugsy

I don't know, actually when the problem started I was using only one mac!

But I'll check the authorization, maybe I've authorized another pc and I don't remember it...

I noticed that the problem occurs more when I try to copy a small number of song at the same time: for example, i copied one song - nothing strange happened, just like when I copied 100 songs all at once. But when I synced 7 songs at the same time, it wiped off all my music library from the device.

iPod touch has deleted all my files!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.