Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aperture 3.4.5 cannot upload book for printing

i'm on MacOSX 10.7 so i cannot upgrade to aperture 3.5 or 3.6. still on 3.4.5 version.

i placed an order for a book, credit card has been charged, but uploading does not end.

checking network connectivity (with all close but aperture) shows no traffic on the network, while there are calls to "printservices.apple.com:http".

printservices.apple.com (17.149.182.20) does not gives me ping, but telnet on port 80 establishes a connection (get request redirects to www.apple.com).

the upload spinning icon is still spinning, when i pause the activity it stops, when i resume it starts to spin again and i see the "printservices.apple.com:http" request for a couple of seconds, but always just 100-200 bytes of network traffic and then nothing.

1) is print service still active?

2) is aperture 3.4.5 still supported for book printing?

3) how can i get back my money if the order does not complete?

4) is there something i can do to go further with my book printing?

Thank you in advance for any help

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.5), aperture 3.4.5

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 2:03 AM

5 replies

Feb 15, 2015 2:59 AM in response to diada.studio

UPDATE

when i login to the apple store, under order status and print receipt i get a generic "Nous sommes désolés, mais nos services de suivis commande sont actuellement indisponibles. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement." (sorry, service not available, try again.)

BUT the credit card has now 624 CHF less, so no order info to claim my money back

Feb 16, 2015 9:32 AM in response to diada.studio

UPDATE #2

After hard time with apple support (i did now know aperture was available for book printing on iphone too... isn't?) tey stated the credit card amount was just booked and not settled. I'll wait to see the release of the payment amount...

Tried again (trusting apple accounting system) to issue a book order: again amount booked on the card, upload started, network monitor activity over 200KB to 1MB. Look nice. After 2 hours upload done and confirmation ok (100 pages book).

so i can answer myself:

1) Print service is indeed still active

2) aperture 3.4.5 is still supported but, vintage Mac are not! A 2007 iMac is so old that Apple support does not know anymore how can you run 10.7 on them...

3) seems that the procedure is: place order, book amount, upload data, confirmation, settle amount. Booking should be released in 24/48 Hrs.

4) just retry for better luck ;-)

Jul 18, 2015 5:54 AM in response to erlendboe

Until yesterday Apple's Print Services have been down for a long time because of a server problem, see: Re: Photo store closed for update? Been going on for days??

It was impossible to order books from many counties in northern Europe.

Just talked to Apple, they have a server failure. Problem should be solved in northern Europe within hours/days

Cheers

Now the the servers seem to be back and running.

aperture 3.4.5 cannot upload book for printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.