Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Share: who belongs?

HI Community.

Last week I bought an iPad Air 2 and gave my older iPad 3 to my daughter. A few months ago she moved out and now I warnt to know if I can legale use family share with her although she is not living in the same house anymore.

Thanks for your answers.

Rainer

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 3:05 AM

5 replies

Feb 16, 2015 11:40 AM in response to Rainer Harter

Hello Rainer Harter,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want to know who you can add to Family Share. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Start or join a family group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Invite people to join your family

You can use the steps below to add someone who already has an Apple ID to your family, as long as you're both using iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite. You can also create an Apple ID for a child and add them to your family group. When you create an account for a child, you must use a credit card as the payment method as part of providing your parental consent. After you create the child's Apple ID, you can change your payment method if you choose.

Use these steps to invite someone from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Family > Add Family Member.
  2. Enter your family member's name or email address.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Use these steps to invite someone from your Mac:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  2. Click Manage Family.
  3. Click +, then follow the onscreen instructions.

If your family member is with you, they can enter their Apple ID password on your device to accept the invitation. You can also send them an invitation, and they can accept from their device.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Feb 16, 2015 1:06 PM in response to Rainer Harter

Hey Ranier Harter,

I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in answering your question.

OS X Yosemite: Set up Family Sharing

the family organizer, invites up to five people to join the family group

OS X Yosemite: Join a family

If you’re the family organizer, you can invite people to join when you add them to the family

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Feb 16, 2015 1:33 PM in response to mario49

Dear Mario.

Thanks again for your answer. I visited the sites you've pointed me to but they don't answer my question.

I just want to make sure that it is legal to invite my daughter although she does not live in my household anymore. The infooage from apple about familyshare is talking about familyshare as a tool for persons of "one household".

So: am I allowed to use familyshare with my adult kids living in their own households.

TIA!

Family Share: who belongs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.