Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Audio Device control in channel strip

Hi,

I've just gone through Logic Pro X User Guide and couldn't find the answer.

There is Audio Control knob which I don't understand what it is (see enclosed photos).

Audio Control knob appear only on mono audio channel strip, and sometimes it's blank (you can't use it), and sometimes it's ready to use. "Sometimes" I mean I don't understand from what it depends, sometimes after change the Input/Output device it turns to ready, and sometimes not. Sometimes when I change the input it turns on, but sometimes not. Actually even if it's ready to use I don't know what is changed when turn left/right the knob.

Please can you explain me what it is?

Thanks in advance for any help.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 5:38 AM

This feature was added in 10.1, and I can't find it either in the new 10.1 manuals, but I know it's the input level of your hardware audio input device, where before you had to open another program (sound prefpanel or Audio MIDI Setup utility) to set it, now it is right there on the channel strip.

If it is a device with only hardware input level knob (as many audio-interfaces have), then this will be greyed out, since you cannot set its' level in software. So it depends on what hardware is feeding that particular channel strip.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2015 5:38 AM in response to pajczukin

This feature was added in 10.1, and I can't find it either in the new 10.1 manuals, but I know it's the input level of your hardware audio input device, where before you had to open another program (sound prefpanel or Audio MIDI Setup utility) to set it, now it is right there on the channel strip.

If it is a device with only hardware input level knob (as many audio-interfaces have), then this will be greyed out, since you cannot set its' level in software. So it depends on what hardware is feeding that particular channel strip.

What is Audio Device control in channel strip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.