Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I transfer photos from my iPhone 6 to my PC (Windows XP)?

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6 plus and I cannot transfer my photos in the usual way! I had an iPhone 4, then I got an iPhone 5s and I always managed to transfer my photos to my PC using the assistant scanner and camera wizard. I can't transfer my photos off the iPhone 6 - I still have the same computer, windows XP, the iPhone software is up to date....my computer recognises the iphone 6 but if I try to transfer the photos I get error messages like "unable to transfer the image" and "incorrect image"......help!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 1:46 PM

Hi dwadwine,

Is it possible that you have antivirus software that may be blocking this? Try disabling the antivirus software when you import the photos. Since your PC is recognizing the iPhone, do you have a different software program you can try? You may find some other solutions on the Windows forums.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

Import media to a Windows PC

Before importing your media:

Windows 8: Learn how to import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD (Windows Help)
Windows 7 and Windows Vista: Learn how to get pictures from your camera to your computer (Windows Help)

If your computer doesn't recognize an attached iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, and prevents you from importing photos to your computer, learn how to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Judy

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2015 1:46 PM in response to dwadwine

Hi dwadwine,

Is it possible that you have antivirus software that may be blocking this? Try disabling the antivirus software when you import the photos. Since your PC is recognizing the iPhone, do you have a different software program you can try? You may find some other solutions on the Windows forums.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

Import media to a Windows PC

Before importing your media:

Windows 8: Learn how to import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD (Windows Help)
Windows 7 and Windows Vista: Learn how to get pictures from your camera to your computer (Windows Help)

If your computer doesn't recognize an attached iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, and prevents you from importing photos to your computer, learn how to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Judy

Oct 5, 2015 11:49 PM in response to dwadwine

Using Windows Plug & Play

This utilizes the pop-up that shows by default in Windows when a device is connected to the computer by way of USB.

1. Plug-in your iPhone to the computer without iTunes running

2. Wait for a popup asking you what you want to do with the device

3. Select "View Content"

4. Find your photos through the folders that are displayed

5. Copy the images from Windows as usual

Using iPhone as Digital Camera in Windows Explorer

If your iPhone is already plugged into the PC, you can also try this method:

1. Open "My Computer"

2. Find the iPhone, it will appear under Portable Devices section

3.Open iPhone to find your Photos

4. Select the pictures you want to copy and paste them to the desired location of your computer

Remember, if the iPhone pictures are not showing up in Windows, make sure the iPhone is unlocked first. Otherwise the iPhone will be found in 'My Computer' but all of the content on it will be invisible and inaccessible. If you run into that, all you need to do is touch the iPhone, unlock the screen and enter the passcode, and all of your stuff will be visible as expected.

Oct 9, 2015 4:05 AM in response to DivineWillServant

Heeeeellp!! I've just tried to transfer my photos to my pc now I've got the new iPhone 6. And when I try to get my photos through right clicking on my iPhone and get pictures I get the error message - The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera. When I click into it there's nothing to copy and paste. Help help help. Every other phone I've had it hasn't been an issue.

Nov 11, 2015 6:51 PM in response to Hails1987

Use iTunes. Open iTunes > Connect your iPhone > Select your phone's icon in the Devices list on the left. Click the Photos tab. If you want to sync all your photos, enable the option for "All photos, albums, events, and faces." Upgrade your iTunes to the latest edition before transferring.

Read more from official support: Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

Or you can try to transfer photos from iPhone to PC by other ways, like using cloud drive like Dropbox, One Drive. Upload your photos from iPhone to cloud and download on your computer.

Why can't I transfer photos from my iPhone 6 to my PC (Windows XP)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.