Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not make trash empty

dear friends,

I have Macbook pro mac os x Version 10.6.8. Now a days I am not able to make my trash empty.

I am saying step by step First I click on trash apps and than I click on empty securely, again I click on secure empty trash and its says as below

"there are some locked items in the trash. Do you want to remove all the items including the locked ones, or just he unlocked items?"

3 options to choose 1) cancel

2) remove unlocked items

3) remove all items

either i click on no 2 or 3 trash is not being empty.

I have more than a thousand of file on my trash. i have to make it clean otherwise my drive will not be free to load some items.

I am looking towards good response.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 10:20 AM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2015 10:23 AM in response to Narayan Rijal

You can't empty the Trash or move a file to the Trash

My Mac Won't Empty the Trash | Easy PC Tutorials

Visit The XLab FAQs and read the FAQ on solving Trash issues. You can also try using Trash It! 5.1 to fix the problem. Or you can try this:

Open the Terminal in the Utilities folder and paste the following at the prompt:

sudo rm -Rf ~/.Trash

Press RETURN. Enter your admin password when prompted. It will not echo to the screen. Press RETURN again.

(Should anyone tell you this is dangerous or unnecessary, please ignore the comment.)

can not make trash empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.