Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no oneā€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting Purchased movie from SD to HD

Hi Guys,

Could you please advice me, is there any option to convert/upgrade the purchased movie from SD version to HD version. I have unknowingly selected the SD version and bought it šŸ˜Ÿ

Thanks in advance for your time and feedback šŸ™‚

Chansanle

iMovie '11, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 11:56 AM

6 replies

Feb 17, 2015 6:32 AM in response to chansanle

Hey chansanle,

Thanks for the question. Some movies are offered in both SD and HD format on the iTunes Store, with the SD version being offered at a lower price. Because of this, there isnā€™t a way to ā€œupgradeā€ your SD version to an HD version. However, if you purchase HD movies in the future, you will have an option to download both HD and SD:

Purchasing and viewing HD videos in iTunes - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201850

When you purchase an HD video on a supported device or computer, only the HD video will be downloaded. To download the SD version, you need to download the video again from your Purchased page. Conversely, if you purchase an HD video on an unsupported device, the SD version will be downloaded. Then, you will need to download the HD version from your Purchased page. Learn more about downloading previous purchases.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Feb 19, 2015 9:12 AM in response to Matt_M.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for your prompt and kind reply.

I accept that this is my mistake of choosing the SD version instead of HD version. But it would have been good, if Apple had given us a option to upgrade the SD to HD version, by spending some extra amount(e.g 100/150 INR). Reason is now i have that movie under the purchased list, so i don't have the option to buy it again in HD version. To overcome that i need to have another account and download the HD version šŸ˜Ÿ

If your not the concerned person, could you please carry forward this issue/message to corresponding guy in Apple. It would help a lot for the forth coming guys.

Some people can buy the movie in SD version and if they love the movie, they can opt for the HD version rite ????

Thanks in advance for your time and answer šŸ™‚

Chansanle.

Converting Purchased movie from SD to HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.