Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bring back grand unified "Library"!!

I don't like how the library has been split on the media without an option of listing all items in your library. This makes among other things, manually managing podcasts on your iPod IMPOSSIBLE!

On the iPod, I would click on library, and then search for the podcast name, to delete or update it. Since I am manually updating my iPod, I don't get the Podcast icon. There are work arounds for this, but require knowledge <OPTION><DELETE> while creating a "smart playlist" to delete manually managed podcasts. See these forums for details.

Considering there are instructions on how to downgrade to iTunes 6 in these forums, I am going to be doing that tonight as soon as i get home.

Apple dropped the ball with this version 7 release, and I am planning on not upgrading (including buying a new ipod, i have an 'iPod with Dock' version) until they return all these features to higher versions.

I gave up on the Sony MiniDisc for the same reasons I am really frustrated at iTunes 7. Namely, that they were out of touch with their client base. All of the sudden the iRiver is looking more and more like a better deal. I'll give iTunes to improve up through the end of this year, before making my "switch" away from the iPod.

This is the first big disappointment with Apple I've had since switching over in 2002. Hopefully it's not a trend.

QuickSilver G4, MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Oct 9, 2006 11:15 AM

4 replies

Oct 9, 2006 11:45 AM in response to emrecio

This is exactly the same problem I've had with my manually managed podcasts since the update and have been livid over it; plus have felt like my ipod is now useless.

Thanks to you I now know there's info out there for deleting from playlists and reverting to v6, both of which I want find out how to do.

many thanks,
Judy

Bring back grand unified "Library"!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.