Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I continually get prompted to Verify iCloud Password on iPhone 5S iOS 8.1.3? iCloud Backup requires that you verify your password.

Why do I continually get prompted to Verify iCloud Password on iPhone 5S iOS 8.1.3? iCloud Backup requires that you verify your password.

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 2:33 PM

9 replies

Feb 15, 2015 3:06 PM in response to futilerecordings

Yes. I had to log on to this support forum with my Apple ID and password. I've had the same Apple ID and password since I first signed up with my iMac in 2007, and then with MobileMe. I use the same Apple ID and password continually. In fact, I just purposely typed in the wrong password on my phone once the message popped up yet again. And the message said: "Your iCloud password was incorrect. Please try again." So that proves I have been using the correct password every time, since that is the first time I got a wrong password alert.

Feb 15, 2015 4:43 PM in response to mac_nobody

mac_nobody wrote:

I'm sorry, but I really don't think this is the issue. It's been constant today. And I have been very careful entering my password. Besides, when I go to sign out of my account, a message alerts me that all Photo Stream photos and Documents & Data stored in iCloud will be removed from this iPhone. Should that make me a little bit nervous?

Ok then.

Feb 28, 2015 9:48 PM in response to mac_nobody

I Have the same issue. I've never had to enter my password but when I was ordering something. Now, since upgrading to 8.1.3 every time I take my iPad out of standby it asks me to login. Something is messed up with this version!! I even went into settings iCloud and set the password again and I'm still prompted.

oddly, I even tried filling in the birthdate and security questions and that is broke too; bate gives error only use 0 or 1...hmmm can't do that when the drop down is Jan - Dec. then on the security questions I picked first pet it errors and says I've entered an invalid month... So there is definitely a problem with iCloud That was introduced by this version. i also upgraded my iPhone too and now it has the same problems.

Feb 28, 2015 9:53 PM in response to Us331242

When it asked for your password did you type it in? You can also try signing out of iCloud on the phone and then signing back in again.

My husband got the same message on both his phone and his Mac, and once I typed in the password, they went away. On the phone, I typed it in incorrectly the first time (easy to do with a miniature keyboard), but the second time I typed it in and verified each letter and character as I typed it, and it signed it on with no issues (that's how I know I mis-typed something the first time).

Again, if you sign out of iCloud and back in, it should resolve the issue.

Cheers,

GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.