Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes asks me to log in multiple times

iTunes asks me to log in 4 or 5 times in a row for automatic downloads every time I start up the program. I'm entering my password correctly each time, any ideas why it would do this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2017 11:58 AM

I tried signing out, and back in, it didn't make a difference. I started having problems with 1 year old iPhone 6S+, "support" was rude, and denied all support for the problems with iTunes, and iOS updates.

My solution.

Get rid of the iPhone/iTunes/Apple Music, get a Google Pixel 2 XL, sign up for the Google Play Music/Youtube Red.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2017 11:58 AM in response to aDigitalPhantom

I tried signing out, and back in, it didn't make a difference. I started having problems with 1 year old iPhone 6S+, "support" was rude, and denied all support for the problems with iTunes, and iOS updates.

My solution.

Get rid of the iPhone/iTunes/Apple Music, get a Google Pixel 2 XL, sign up for the Google Play Music/Youtube Red.

Dec 30, 2017 8:16 AM in response to aDigitalPhantom

My problem (just so there is no confusion): Open iTunes on Windows and I'm prompted 3 times for my AppleID password every time I launch iTunes. Once about iTunes Library, another about iCloud, and the last about iTunes again.

Solution: I tried what Joe suggested above and it did not work. I found this page below helpful (even though it was wrote for Mac). Basically, just click Cancel when you're prompted about your iCloud password ("Your iCloud music session has expired") and then manually sign out of your iTunes account (Windows: Account>Sign Out...), close iTunes, Log back in, and it should fix the problem. I was only prompted once for my password after reopening iTunes and then I closed out of it to see if it worked. I was not asked for my password again (it kept me logged in). I hope this solves your issue as well!

http://www.citymac.com/blog/2015/11/14/how-to-fix-annoying-prompts-and-popups-on -mac

Feb 22, 2018 5:46 AM in response to tegan_victoria

Hi Tegan,

I was also annoyed with this same problem recently. After I reformatted PC and added raid0 for my "C" drive....loaded iTunes....then out of the blue, it started prompting me for my password. It wasn't for the iCloud password like some people had. This one was for iTunes specific and in order to make it go away, I had to enter my password 3 X, every time. I'm pretty good with computers and software, but this iTunes thing was really p'ing me off !!!

I starting searching and came across this thread. Saw your post, followed the link....and VOILAAA it worked !!! YAAAAAY 🙂

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and give you a big thumbs up.

Mike

Feb 23, 2018 7:09 PM in response to tegan_victoria

Thank you! Man, to think, all the "help" on this page suggesting other "fixes" by reading a long, drawn out explanation on how to NOT fix your issue, and you help us all with one simple fix! Thank you, man! YOU need to be one of the admins on this page. Not only that, but you told us in your response and did not give us some canned response and a link. Hats off to you. All my points (whatever they do) go to you!

Feb 27, 2018 9:32 AM in response to outbackmariner

Tegan Victoria's solution seemed to work for me. However, I think that maybe a program called "C cleaner", which I use to remove junk files and such, is the cause of this iTunes problem. Since iTunes is a computer program/application, it is C cleaner job's to "clean" saved passwords and temporary files. This is an on/off option, of course. Only time will tell me.

Note: I will most likely not return to this forum post to update you.

Feb 17, 2015 6:46 AM in response to outbackmariner

Hello outbackmariner,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are being prompted to enter your Apple ID and password multiple times every time you open the program. It sounds to me like it is prompting you to authorize your computer to play purchased content. If this is the case, to resolve this issue, please read over and work through the troubleshooting steps within the attached article.

iTunes repeatedly prompts to authorize computer to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Oct 21, 2015 12:30 PM in response to pipelinejack

I have the same problem, and I'd love to know what the solution is. It makes iTunes almost unbearable to use with the constant prompts all the time. First it's icloud, then it's something about purchases, then it's something else....over and over and over. It never ends. No amount of entering the information (which is correct) stops the constant prompts on startup. So no, the suggestion about playback doesn't help. It's constant prompts on startup.

iTunes asks me to log in multiple times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.