Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are the FCP 7 preferences?

I've seen notes on the web about deleting Final Cut Pro 7 preferences:

on your MAC internal hard drive, navigate to

/users/yourloginname/library/preferences, and delete this file -

com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist

navigate to

/user/yourloginname/library/preferences/FinalCutProUserData

and delete these three files -

Final Cut Pro 7.0 Preferences

Final Cut Pro Obj Cache

Final Cut Pro Prof Cache

BUT I don't see those files (or folders) including com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist anywhere on my system. I've searched for it with no results. Any idea what's up with that?

thanks

Scott

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 2:08 PM

You are looking in the wrong place, I think. Your /Home/Library/ folder is invisible. You need to make it visible:

Exposing the /Home/Library/ Folder

Pick one of the following methods:

A. This method will make the folder visible permanently. Open the Terminal application in your Utilities folder and paste the following at the command prompt:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Press RETURN.

B. Click on the Desktop, press the OPTION (⌥) button, select Library from the Finder's Go menu.

C. Select Go To Folder from the Finder's Go menu. Paste the following in the path field:

~/Library

Press the Go button.

Now navigate to the /Home/Library/Preferences/ folder and look for the required files to delete.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2015 2:08 PM in response to Scott Stark

You are looking in the wrong place, I think. Your /Home/Library/ folder is invisible. You need to make it visible:

Exposing the /Home/Library/ Folder

Pick one of the following methods:

A. This method will make the folder visible permanently. Open the Terminal application in your Utilities folder and paste the following at the command prompt:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Press RETURN.

B. Click on the Desktop, press the OPTION (⌥) button, select Library from the Finder's Go menu.

C. Select Go To Folder from the Finder's Go menu. Paste the following in the path field:

~/Library

Press the Go button.

Now navigate to the /Home/Library/Preferences/ folder and look for the required files to delete.

where are the FCP 7 preferences?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.