Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slideshow won’t export

Why won’t my slideshow export? It doesn’t even show up on the finder list. In fact, even all of the older slideshows are grayed out. I don’t get it. I tried installing a new plug-in because my videos on Facebook weren’t running either. That fixed Facebook. It did not fix this. I have: OS X Yosemite, ver. 10.10.2, iPhoto 9.6.

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 3:45 PM

Folks with problems exporting slideshows have fixed that with a reinstall of the app:

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2. Download it from the App Store to reinstall It's on your Purchases List* there.

*Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2015 3:45 PM in response to CBRISCOE

Folks with problems exporting slideshows have fixed that with a reinstall of the app:

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2. Download it from the App Store to reinstall It's on your Purchases List* there.

*Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

slideshow won’t export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.