Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery not charging when plugged in (green light)

I have a macbook pro 13 inch mid 2009 and it wont charge when magsafe plugged in, the light keeps green and the battery status says "Battery is not charging".

So I bought a brand new magsafe charger and the problem remains the same. Then I got a message from the battery status saying: "need to replace soon". I checked its battery cycle and it was over 1,000 count. Well, I bought a brand new battery, which came with 50% charge in it, and im still getting the green light and Battery is not charging message.

So I got a new magsafe adapter and a brand new battery and still not able to charge my macbook pro. I already did the SMC reset and didn't fix anything. I have also tried the apple diagnostic test but wasn't able to get the test to run ( holding D key while starting up the computer).

Its been weeks since im trying to fix this problem but got nothing so far. Still stuck with the battery is not charging and green light.

If anyone had the same problem please let me know how you fixed it, its very frustrating!!!

Im currently using OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Macbook pro 13 inch mid 2009

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 4:00 PM

3 replies

Feb 17, 2015 7:28 AM in response to raffa_ms

Hi raffa_ms,

As the steps taken thus far have essentially covered the gamut of troubleshooting that could potentially resolve the issue thus far, there may be other components of the system that require repair. Further information can be found at the link below that can assist in setting up service for your MacBook Pro.

Service Answer Center - Mac notebooks

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=Macn otebooks

Regards,

Allen

Feb 17, 2015 11:28 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hey Allen,

Thanks for the info.

Somehow my macbook pro charged up to 100% yesterday, even with the green light and with the "battery not charging" message. So weird!!!

Im going to take my macbook to a service repair and see if they can solve my issue.

Already talked to apple support online and that's what they suggested me to do.

Thanks again,

Raffa

May 2, 2016 10:23 AM in response to raffa_ms

Hi raffa_ms,

I have exactly the same problem for almost a week now. Bought a brand new battery and charger, did work normally for a few days, then battery won't charge anymore with the light keeps green. I'm stuck at 31% battery now for weeks!! So frustrating. I did the SMC reset multiple times, unplug and replug the battery connector, but nothing happen.

So what actually fixed your problem? did the battery just charging normally all of sudden? does it ever happen again?

Thanks before.

Battery not charging when plugged in (green light)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.