Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save Logic Pro

Hi,

I'm not familiar with OS X and that's why I need to ask this.

I recently purchased an Macbook Pro from a friend which was purchased from US 3 months ago with Logic Pro installed and I don't want to loose it.

Is there a way to save the Logic Pro on my Apple ID? If not, are there any steps which can assist me to save it for example on an external memory?

I don't know what can be done to prove that the Logic Pro is original and not pirated, but if you can tell me I will really apreciate it.

It is a little expensive to purchase it just to have it saved on my Apple ID, but why to do that if I have the original installed already on my Mac?

Any ideas? Or any help, please?

Thanks!

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 5:09 PM

6 replies

Mar 5, 2015 11:09 AM in response to Jazzmaniac

Really....very helpful! 😐

I purchased this Mac because has Logic Pro installed and I thought that can be done something to save it.

I don't care if is legal. From what I know, if you have the Logic Pro purchased, you can install it on how many macs you want. That's LEGAL right?

How can you say, if I want to save it because I don't have that apple ID to install it in future, that this is not LEGAL?

The Mac was purchased with Logic Pro, I paid a few more bucks also for it, it wasn't downloaded from the net. And you say that this is not legat? Great, thank you very much for that!

I just want to save it somehow because I didn't paid for it for nothing.

Mar 5, 2015 11:16 AM in response to Live4JS

Pro Tools costs $700, to run on one computer (as far as I know). Logic Pro costs less than a third of that. You can run Logic Pro on as many computers as you have associated with your iTunes account.

But you can't just give it away to someone else. If the person you bought your MacBook Pro from told you it had Logic installed, and that was an inducement to purchase it, then you were lied to. All App Store applications are tied to a specific iTunes account. You haven't paid for Logic Pro. You paid for the computer.

Save Logic Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.