Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Events Disappeared - RAID 1 Fail - Snow Leopard Server

We were using a RAID 1 setup on two internal 500gb hard drives in a Mac Mini running Snow Leopard Server. Recently, one of the drives started failing. So, we had a good bootable external backup created from the working drive. Then copied that over to a new 750gb internal drive. Both 500gb drives were replaced with new 700gb drives, but the server is not currently setup on a RAID.

Our iCal was setup using CalDAV with our server hosting the user calendar folders. There is an account for each user such as user@fqdn, user2@fqdn, etc. When we first started up iCal after the hardware update it went to refresh, but when it was finished the calendar was empty. I checked the ~Library/CalendarServer folders and all the .ics files where in there nested in their appropriate folder structure for each user (WX/YZ/GUID, etc). For some reason iCal isn't reading or able to read the files or the folders..? The only real difference I noticed was in Server Admin/file sharing. All the ACL permissions were gone, but the POSIX permissions were there. Also, the server name was changed to "server-2". I changed it back to "server" in case there was some issue.

iCal wasn't just not reading the old calendars and events. It also wasn't allowing me to add new calendars or events, and was displaying HTTP errors. I was able to fix this by changing the permission for "root" to "_calendar" following a suggestion from another forum entry. Now I can add new calendars and events, but iCal still will not read the old events. I am able to import the old events. But, it doesn't seem to recognize the previous calendar name, and wants me to reassign the event to a new calendar.

I hope this all makes sense. 8^)

Any help would be much appreciated. I've scoured the internet and haven't found a solution yet.

Mac mini, OS X Server, 10.6

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 5:07 PM

There are no replies.

iCal Events Disappeared - RAID 1 Fail - Snow Leopard Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.