Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable voice control?

My voice control starts up randomly and tonight my phone kept hanging up during a call and then going to voice control.

Is there any way to disable voice control in the iphone 5s?

iPad 2, iOS 8.1

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 7:52 AM

I had this problem as well. It happened when I was using my headphones (Which had a mic). I would be watching a video or listening to music when Siri would interrupt me.

8 replies

Feb 17, 2015 7:42 AM in response to andy7065

Hi andy7065,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone. Voice Control activation is usually done by pressing and holding the Home button (or the call button on headphones with remote). Is this issue occuring when your iPhone is in your pocket (where something might press the Home button) or when using any kind of headset, or does it occur even when using the phone the "standard" way (held up to your ear)? If necessary, you can disable Voice Control as outlined in the following article, though that may not resolve your issue if it is occuring during calls with the phone unlocked:

If you want to turn off Voice Control

To turn off Voice Control, you need to set a passcode first—if you haven't already. Then go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Voice Dial and turn off Voice Dial. Music Voice Control is always on.

Tips for using Voice Control with iPhone and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Mar 2, 2015 9:12 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brendan

I have the same problem, I already tried everything.

"To turn off Voice Control, you need to set a passcode first—if you haven't already. Then go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Voice Dial and turn off Voice Dial. Music Voice Control is always on." --> already off

But I still have the problem that my voice control starts up while my iPhone 5S is in my pocket.

In several Blogs there is written it can be handled with a Jailbreak. But I do not want to try it. Maybe you have one last possibility to try to turn it off.

Thank you!

Jul 21, 2015 1:16 PM in response to brenden dv

How do you disable Voice Control without setting a passcode?

I hate using a passcode to get into my phone and there's nothing crazy confidential that I'm worried about anyone seeing on my phone

I simply don't ever want to find myself in a situation where a useless application like Voice Control mysteriously comes on and I have a **** of a time trying to turn it off.

even if someone just told me the easiest way to turn it off when it comes on that would be helpful because I can't figure that one out

Voice Control must be the most useless feature ever put on an Iphone

Who uses it? Why?

Dec 15, 2016 11:02 AM in response to andy7065

Hi andy7065,

I wanted to inform you that with iOS 10.2, it is now possible to completely disable Voice Control. Take a look at the following information:

With iOS 10.2 or later, you can prevent Voice Control or Siri from responding when you press and hold the Home button on your device. Follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button.
  2. Under Press and Hold to Speak, select one of these options:
    • Siri: Siri will respond when you press the Home button.
    • Voice Control: Classic Voice Control will respond when you press and hold the Home button. This will also turn off Siri.
    • Off: There will be no response when you press and hold the Home button. This will also turn off Voice Control and Siri.

Turn off Voice Control on your iPhone

Take care!

Disable voice control?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.